Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sean's TMI Thursday

Happy THANKSGIVING

1. Do you travel or stay local? Family or Friends? Host or Guest?
 We have done a little of both...when the kids were really small, it was a trip home for a feast with the extended family.  Not so much anymore, and with all of the turmoil in my immediate family right now, it is really tough to get things going.  I prefer to host a large gathering of family and any close friends that might need a little love.  Last year was pretty satisfying...I volunteered at a kitchen and spent half the day helping others...worked my can off in the kitchen, but I loved it.  Except for the other dozen or so people working in the kitchen, no one ever saw me there or knew what I had done....and that was OK with me.
This year, a small family gathering at my place, if I can get them here, and then out of town for the weekend.  I still get to fix a scratch apple pie, but I'm skipping the pumpkin pie this year for a chocolate cream pie.
2. Parade: Love it? Leave it? Never let it go?
The parade was always a lot of fun, especially with the kids.  Last year, there were a couple of band students from the High School in the Macy's band and that made it exciting too.  This year, my grandson will be here and I will make sure he watches it.
3. Favorite Food?
I like the whole thing.  Turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy is a must, sweet potatoes, brussel sprouts, stuffing, and several desserts.
4. Favorite holiday movie or do you watch football?
Football.
5. If you do holiday decorations, for which holiday and when?
Decorate only for Christmas...start around now and take them down shortly after Christmas.
6. Black Friday. Thoughts? Feelings? Soapbox?
Hate it.  Leave me out.  Never go, never will.  You'll see me Christmas shopping along side Loki in mid to late December.

Bonus
People traditionally give thanks on Thanksgiving. What are you thankful for?
 Health.  
The last few years have been very difficult, and I am unsure about the next few as well.  I am not comfortable without a plan, and there is none right now.  But, I am closer to one of my sons now than I have ever been, and I am thankful for that.  My grandson has potential, and I want to help him reach that potential.  But, I have to find a way to resolve my inner conflict ,and get happy with myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment