Stolen from RG at Dulce Peligroso who stole it from Sean who stole it from someone else [according to RG].
100 Things About Me
1. Are young at heart, or an old soul?
I think I am young at heart, but then, don't we all? Certainly don't feel my age most days.
2. What makes someone a best friend?
A best friend is one who knows all my faults, but overlooks them and loves me anyway.
3. What Christmas (or Hanukkah) present do you remember the most?
I was about 12 or so...all I wanted was a bike, but I opened all of these other gifts. Then, after everyone was done, my dad brought a big red bike in...I still love him for that.
4. Tell me about a movie/song/TV show/play book that has changed your life.
Tough one for me...not really into a lot of those things, but one song that recently impacted me is "Even Now" by William Fitzsimmons.
5. Name one physical feature that you like about yourself, and one you dislike.
I like my eyes...think they are nice...have the worst feet around.
6. Would you like to reconnect with any friend you've lost contact with?
I already have.
7. What's more important in a relationship: Physical attraction or emotional connection?
Emotional connection...no other option.
8. Name a movie that you knew would be terrible just from reading the title.
9. What holiday do you most look forward to?
I count Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years as the holiday season...love them all, but especially when they are coordinated all together with distant family and friends.
10. How is the relationship between you and your parents?
My parents are both deceased. When they were alive, it was usually good, sometimes spectacular, but very seldom rocky. I miss them both immensely, but especially my Dad.
11. You've got the TV on, but you're not really watching. What channel is the TV on?
NBC or Food Network.
12. Name a song that never fails to make you happy.
Not big on songs, but I do really think that Jason Mraz has some great songs out now. I also really like Jackson Browne singing Stay.
13. You know a least one person name Michael. Tell me about him.
There's Michael and then there's Mike, and of course, Mikey. Mikey is a bottom who just loves to be fucked and even pissed on. Michael is a dipshit friend of my son's. Mike is/used to be my best friend. We are still close, but not quite as close.
14. Have you ever read "Missed Connection" on Craigslist? Have ever posted one, or wanted to?
Read it a few times, never posted. I always thought it was a waste of time.
15. If you could pick anywhere to live the rest of your life, where would it be?
I don't care where I live as long as I am with people I love.
16. Can money buy happiness?
Not really, but it sure doesn't hurt much.
17. Do you drink? Smoke? Do drugs? Why, or why not?
I drink somewhat regularly...love to share a bottle of wine, or have a beer with friends...especially microbrew draft. I used to smoke but quit when my son was born...can't handle it now. No drugs...at all. During college we played around with the small stuff, but never much.
18. Is there anyone close to you that you know you can't trust. You don't have to give names?
If I can't trust them, I don't consider them close to me.
19. Where was your favorite place to go when you were a little kid?
We had a tree house...if was fun and my sister couldn't climb it, or the park when it was time to play...then to my room to play with myself when the rents were gone.
20. Have you ever spent the night in the hospital?
21. Do you enjoy being with only one or two friends, or with a large group of people.
I go through stages...am very comfortable with a few friends, but also with a large group if it is the right circumstances.
22. Do you like the type of music your parents listen to? Do your parents like the type of music you listen to?
No, for the most part. They are gone now, but...no.
23. Have you every been bullied. Have you every bullied anyone else?
I was bullied all the time. Avoided going home from school a certain way to keep from running into one particular guy.
24. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
25. If your partner wanted to wait until marriage before having sex, would you stay in that relationship?
At one time I said OK, but now I would never.
26. Do you believe in a god?
27. Of all the social networks in the world, why use Twitter?
28. What's your favorite hashtag to track?
See the answer to question 27.
29. Would you call yourself/your family "middle class"?
Growing up, we were lower middle class. I was upper middle until my ex fucked things up.
30. Name a TV series you didn't enjoy until after it ended.
Star Trek....never really got into it until after it was close to ending.
31. Have you every bought a product from an infomercial?
Never, and I never will.
32. If you could give up your car and never drive again, would you?
Yes although at one time, I would have said no way.
33. If you could go back to one point in time to give advice to yourself, when would you go and what would you say?
I would try to convince myself that I could survive as a gay man and make that decision earlier.
34. What's your "quirkiest" habit?
I don't have any...hate those kinds of things. I used to have a funny walk, but it bothered me so much, I changed it.
35. What is "normal?" Are you normal?
Normal is what no one is. Part 2...see part 1.
36. Someone close to you is dying. You have the choice to let this
person live for 10 more years, but if you do, you cause the deathof 10
strangers. You don't have to see them die. Do you take the offer?
No. Everyone has a time to go.
37. What is the one thing you could never forgive?
Causing my kids pain.
38. Would you rather be in a relationship after the honeymoon period ends, or be single.
I have be in a relationship ...or many.
39. Is it possible for guys and girls to be just friends?
40. Where do you and your friends go to hang out?
I don't hang out much anymore, but it was usually at my place.
41. Write the first sentence of your obituary.
Friends are celebrating the life of one of the 'nice guys' next week.
42. What is the best TV them song ever?
43. When you were young, what would you dream you would be when you grew up?
44. When you're along in your own home, do you walk around naked?
45. What gets you out of bed in the morning?
46. Do you want to have more friends than you have right now.
Absolutely...love to have friends...can never have too many.
47. What part of the past year sticks out in your mind?
There were lots of great times the past year...worst was when my job was eliminated, but many good times with new friends.
48. You win a scratch-off lottery game that give you $2000 a week (after taxes) for the rest of your life. Do you keep working?
I'm not working now, so NO.
49. Could you be in a long-distance relationship? If you're in one, what makes yours work?
Not my preference. I need skin to touch skin.
50. What's the best route to your heart?
Treat me with respect, love me, and show me respect.
51. Have you ever met someone through the internet, and then met them in real life?
52. What is your favorite sport?
NFL Football probably. Followed closely by college football. But I love snow skiing personally.
53. What has been troubling you lately?
Job, family, coming out, lack of money.
54. Did you enjoy your high school prom? If you haven't gotten there yet, do you look forward to it? it you didn't go, why not?
I didn't go...regret it to this day.
56. Do you know what makes you happy?
Being loved and wanted, and making a lover happy.
57. Tell me about the last book you read.
58. What is the nicest compliment you've ever been given?
"you are a very special man and not only do I want you in my life, I need you in it."
59. Who was your first crush?
60. Do you believe that there is life on other plants?
You have to define life first.
61. Predict what your life will look like a year from now.
I can't predict...afraid to. I hope that I will be settled into a great life with a lover on a deserted cove.
62. Often, people will ask how your last relationship ended. I want to know how it began.
The last long term relationship was my ex-wife. It began over 25 years ago when a mutual friend suggested we should date. Her father had just died and she was a bit distraught and needed friends.
63. Where is your favorite place to go out and eat?
Many great places in Richmond, but one that I especially like is Pegasus -- locally owned Greek restaurant.
64. What is something you want to change about your current situation?
I want a great friend who turns into something more than a friend.
65. Early bird or night owl?
Early bird. But I still like to stay up with the night owls on occasion.
66. Are there any childhood possessions you still hold on to?
67. Give me an unpopular opinion you have.
Less government is always better.
68. What was the last song that was stuck in your head?
69. Where do you live?
70. Do you believe in giving kids medals and trophies for participation?
I believe that they should earn them, yes.
71. What is the longest car ride you've ever taken?
Southern Ohio to Albuquerque New Mexico.
72. Have you ever taken part in a protest?
73. Would you ever use an online dating service?
74. What is your ethnic heritage?
75. Describe a person who inspires you.
Confident, but not cocky. Decent body, but not Mr. Atlas. Considerate of others. Cares for his family.
76. If you earn minimum wage doing what you love, would you?
If I have enough to get by financially, of course.
77. Do you believe in luck.
78. Describe that last time you were very angry at someone.
I am sure it was my ex. She is so stupid and thinks she is not that it is frustrating.
79. Do you want to live until your 100?
I'm not worried about it either way.
80. Do people change? If so, how do you keep a relationship together when both of you start to change?
It is possible, and even likely, that the relationship should not stay together. If it does, then it will be a different relationship that has to be accepted by both.
81. Have you ever risked a friendship by telling someone you liked them?
82. Would you rather be alone doing something you enjoy, or doing something you don't like with your best friends?
I would rather be with my best friends and bitch them up for making me do that shit.
83. Do you practice what you preach?
84. If you take precautions to stay safe, do you ultimately act more recklessly?
Yes, generally. But it depends on the details.
85. What do you value more in a significant other: Attractiveness or intelligence?
A little of both...or more than a little. I can't stand an airhead.
86. Are you hard-headed?
No. And don't say differently, dammit.
87. Have you ever laughed uncontrollably when it was socially inappropriate?
88. When have you felt most alive?
Doing volunteer work.
89. Where do you prefer to live? A city? The suburbs? The countryside? The mountains?
I like it all, and like to mix it up. If I had the opportunity, I would have multiple homes in the city, and the mountains.
90. Do you often skip breakfast?
Not anymore. I have to eat something.
91. How do you know what true love is?
I don't think I truly do.
92. Would you want to know the exact date and time you were going to die?
93. Where is "home" for you?
My adopted home in the Huntington, WV area.
94. What song best describes your life right now?
"I Won't Give Up" -- Jason Mraz
95. Do you want to be perfect?
No, just close enough.
96. What have you never tried, but would really like to someday?
Pilot a plane.
97. How do you express your creativity?
I have no really good outlets for creativity.
98. Describe your neighborhood?
Working class, older homes and older families. Most kids have grown and moved on leaving mom and dad here.
99. Name something you only liked because it was popular.
100. Give me the story of your life in six words.
He loved and lost too often.