Saturday, February 9, 2013

Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't. -Erica Jong

My life, my thoughts in someone else's words.

“Do you want me to tell you something really subversive? Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it. It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk anything, you risk even more.” 

“Will you ever? I don’t think you will ever fully understand how you've touched my life and made me who I am.I don't think you could ever know just how truly special you are that even on the darkest nights you are my brightest star.”
There are a few people in my life who I should say this to:  and I think they already know who they are.
 

“I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” My 'not so new' motto.

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.”
I have been doing this for years, but never thought of it this way.

“You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel.”
Hmmmm.  Enough said.

“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”   
I have to remind myself of this a lot.

 She also said, “Men and women, women and men, It will never work.”

1 comment: